Press "Enter" to skip to content
- In order to maintain a professional atmosphere necessary to teach and learn in a dance class, all students are expected to have appropriate dance attire, including shoes, at every class/rehearsal. They will be asked to sit and observe the class/rehearsal if they come unprepared.
- Dance Attire:
- Uniform Pre K – 4th grade: Pink ballet slippers, ballet tights (color classic pink), pink tank leotard, pink ballet skirt, black tap shoes (boot style, no shine, no buckles, no laces), dance bag. Optional: long sleeve leotard (for cold weather). For Spanish Dance black character shoes
- Uniform 5th grade & up: Tank Leotard Lavender color. The rest is the same as above.
- Uniform for Hip Hop & Jazz all grades and ages: Any color leotard, black jazz pants, black jazz shoes, black hip hop shoes, black capri pants (optional)
- New Hope Youth Dance Company: Tank Lavender leotard, convertible tights (color classic pink), split sole pink ballet shoes, black hip hop & jazz shoes, black jazz pants, black capri pants (optional), warm-up suit, T-shirt
- Present a positive attitude in classes, rehearsals and during performances
- Show respect to other participants, teachers and choreographers
- Attend all classes & rehearsals unless the teacher is notified of sickness or conflicts
- Report to class/rehearsals/performances on-time
- The NHYDC (Youth Dance Company) must be available for all performance opportunities (Notification of a conflict should be given to the NHYDC staff in advance of absence)
- Take a minimum of 1 ballet class each week in addition to other styles of dance (required for dance company members)
Parents: Parental involvement is the key to success
- Attend the parents’ info meeting (for dance company, NHYDC)
- Transport your child to and from events/rehearsals (connect with another family if unable to do it)
- Ensure that dancer reports to class/rehearsals on time (A show requires team work, a dancer missing affects all dancers)
- Communicate effectively and timely any absences, conflicts, or other issues that may arise
- Look for lost dance items in the dance dressing room lost & found box
- We follow PGCPS for snow and emergency closing only. We do not follow the rest of their closing.
- Make-up classes & withdraws from the program
- There are no refunds for missed classes. Make-up classes must be done from the available schedule of classes.
- Withdraw from the program must be notified on writing. A prorated refund will be given from the day of notification.
- Dancers must wear the required color for tights during performances
- To perform more than one dance style in the recital, students must attend more than one hour of class a week